How It Works
At Colorado Sign Systems, we believe there’s no such thing as too much information. The more you know from your sign company, the more confident you’ll be that your project is completed as promptly, reliably, and professionally as possible. The following steps have been prepared, so you know exactly how to start and what to expect throughout the process.
STEP 1: THE INITIAL MEETING
When you place your initial call to CSS, one of our professional representatives will set up a consultation with you so that we can establish your indoor or outdoor signage needs, gather and exchange information, and conduct an initial site survey. During this time, we will also execute a code check with the local jurisdiction.
Before this meeting, it's important you complete a little bit of homework on your own – take a look at the commercial signs around your location, as it will give you an idea as to what type of signage is allowed in your specific jurisdiction. It's also a great idea to take photos of designs or methods you see that you either like or dislike. Having a solid idea of your signage needs early on in the process can significantly impact the turn-around time of the initial quote. It is also essential to think through your budget so that your dedicated account manager can craft a strategy that fits.
STEP 2: PROPOSAL/QUOTE DEVELOPMENT
Your dedicated account manager will provide you with a quote using any artwork, samples, or specifications about your specific project. A follow-up meeting will then be scheduled to ensure that it is time to move forward into the next phase of the project.
QUOTE: We strive to provide you with the best possible prices. On average, you can expect a 3-5 day turnaround time for a basic quote. If the development of artwork is required, the quoted time will increase.
ARTWORK: Any necessary artwork or drawings will be produced, including specifications for materials, colors, fabrication, engineering, installation, etc.
SAMPLES: Upon your request, material samples can be provided to aid in your design and fabrication decisions.
STEP 3: LET’S BEGIN YOUR PROJECT!
At this step, your account manager will move forward with the execution of the project. The following steps will give you a better understanding of what to expect during this exciting phase!
1) Approvals – All project proposals must be approved. This includes permissions as necessary by the landlord, property management, design committees, etc.
2) Signed Documents – When acceptance of all proposed terms by both you and Colorado Sign Systems is reached, all documents pertaining to your specific project will need to be signed. These documents usually include, but are not limited to, quotes, artwork, maintenance agreements, etc.
3) Deposit – Colorado Sign Systems requires a deposit of 50 percent (unless a different amount is approved) of your total sign quote to begin your project. The balance, permitting fees, and any applicable sales tax are paid upon completion.
*We accept ALL major credit cards.
4) Permits – After we have received approvals, signed documents, and deposits, we will obtain a permit for your project if required. The permit acquisition process, on average, takes a week to 10 days. The necessity for a permit varies and is subject to requirements governed by each jurisdiction. In some cases, additional conditions may be required on a case-by-case basis.
5) Fabrication – When all the above conditions have been completed, fabrication begins. Fabrication time can vary significantly from project to project based on your sign’s materials, complexity, and size. Your account manager will provide you with a qualified estimate of fabrication time.
6) Installation – If you have chosen to include installation in your sign package, coordination will have already begun on items such as electrical, concrete, masonry, and/or excavation work. At this time, you will work with either the project manager or your account manager to schedule your sign installation.
STEP 4: YOUR PROJECT IS NOW COMPLETE!
At CSS, our quality and dedicated service do not stop with the sale. To guarantee the best possible return on your sign investment, we also offer service/maintenance agreements as well as perform random, on-site quality control checks to ensure that our signs are functioning to the highest standards.
Contact us for all your signage needs. We look forward to serving you!
“I consider it a pleasure to offer this letter of recommendation for Colorado Sign Systems. They have proven time and again to be a company that I enjoy doing business with, and they are my first and only choice in their market. They conduct business with a strong commitment to integrity, which can be seen across every employee in the company, in all departments I have worked with (installation, permitting, estimating, project management, & the owner). Colorado Sign Systems has earned their standing as one of the best sign contractors in the country, and I am excited to recommend them to you."
Sr. Project Manager